St. Andrew’s Cathedral Frame

$39.90 Inc. 7% GST

Size: 11.5 x 17.5 cm

6 in stock

Quantity:

Description

St. Andrew’s Cathedral, an oldest Anglican house of worship, was first established in 1836 in the Palladian style, designed by G.D. Coleman, but was later destroyed by natural disaster that weakened the Cathedral’s stable structure. The present Cathedral was designed by Lt-Col. Ronald MacPherson, who was so into Gothic art of the 12th and 13th Centuries. It was built between 1856 and 1864, using Indian labour in order to reduce the construction cost. Its sleek, white interior comes from the use of Madras Chunam, an unusual mixture of egg whites, sugar and shell lime. It is located behind Raffles the Plaza. St Andrew’s Cathedral was gazette as a national Monument in 6 July 1973.

Additional information

Weight 0.5 kg
Dimensions 18.5 × 12 × 2 cm
size-cm

11.5 x 17.5